Stress Relievers

Since I have struggled with anxiety for a while now, and I've figured out ways to distract myself if I'm stressed or very anxious. Getting your mind off of taxing thoughts is good for your mental health. I've listed ways to distract your mind for the moment, so that when you come back to those stressful thoughts or situations you can view it with a clear mind.



If I am dealing with a serious situation and my mind is spinning, I take a bath. Bathing is something that you've been doing since birth, the steps to clean yourself is ingrained in your mind. Bathing is a simple task that you don't have to think about, and it helps to calm a frazzled mind. I use Lush's bath bombs as well as their bubble bars to help me if I am feeling at my wits end. Nothing is like a hot bath, some pretty colors, and great smells to work away stress.
 (I seriously recommend Lush, please check them out.)




Eating/cooking is good for fighting stress as well as giving yourself an emotional boost, if you have depression. Most times eating something you really like or making something you like can give you a good feeling that can combat stressful feelings. I know that it has a lot to do with the reward system in the brain, but I'll leave that talk for another day.





Do things that you enjoy. Just take a little time out of your day to do something you really enjoy doing, and let that consume you for a few minutes. When I'm stressed to the max I turn to something that I enjoy doing and that will distract me for a while, photography is my go to. I may not be very good at it, but I enjoy capturing the little things that fascinate me. I also turn to social media, but that can be a little bit too consuming (cough cough....Instagram).







And if I have a good amount of time I enjoy playing with my makeup, it is therapeutic. There is something soothing about turning myself into a character I see or have thought up. Cosplay is a great example of transforming yourself into a whole different being entirely sometimes.


Thank you for reading! I'm sorry I was late on this post, my dog is unhealthy right now, and I'm caring for him. 
I would like to know what you do to distress from life or a particular situation. Also if you would like a more in depth video of this post, please comment below. 
See you again on Monday!  

Comments

Popular Posts